This is probably one of my favorite everyday looks of all time! It is not too dramatic, not too "natural" either, but really is flattering!
I created this look when I had to wear a professional business suit to class. Of course, I did not want to have black smokey eyes hahaha! So, I created this look and fell for it. Now it became almost my everyday or go-to look.
So, I decided to name this look Soft Smokey Eye for Work. You do not want to look plain when you go to work, right? Then, this look will be appropriate for you all, even for any skin tones. In addition, this look is not specifically for going to work, even you can have it when you go to class, lunch with your girls, date with your loved one, basically anything haha
ok.. I am gonna stop talking and lets get into the tutorial!
click the pictures for larger image
the finished look
steps by steps
- Always prime your eyes first to prevent your eyeshadows from creasing. I used Benefit Stay Don't Stray. Just apply it with your finger.
- Take MAC Phloof! and apply it all over your lid up to your browbone using Sigma E55. In other words, MAC Phloof! is going to be your lid color as well as your highlighter.
- Apply MAC Cork onto your crease using Sigma E35 with a windshield motion.
- Take MAC Print, and sweep it forward to the outer corner of the lid using Sigma E30. REMEMBER, don't apply it too much, otherwise it will look smokier and darker (unless it is what you're looking for!).
- Blend everything slightly with Sigma E40.
- Line only half of your upper lash line with CARGO Eye Pencil in Black, or use any black eyeliner.
- Line half of your lower lash line (from outer corner inwards) with a little bit of MAC Print with Sigma E30. Line the other half with MAC Phloof!.
- Line your waterline with a black eyeliner.
- Curl your lashes and apply two coats of Benefit They're Real Mascara!
- You do not need to use the exact same products if you don't have them.
- MAC Phloof! is basically a shimmery campaign colors. You can use any shimmer light colors, like beige, white, or light gold.
- MAC Cork is a matte soft brown. If you have MAC Soft Brown, MAC Wedge, or MAC Saddle, then you can use one of them. Otherwise, just use any soft brown color, and it has to be matte, means no shimmer at all.
- MAC Print is a grey eyeshadow with a hint of shimmer. You can use any grey eyeshadow, no matter it is shimmer or matte. You even can use black if you want to, but apply it really gently with a really small amount of it.