Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top 5 MAC Eyeshadows Must Haves



Hi lovelies! If you are a starter in the makeup world, and want to collect MAC eyeshadows, today I am going to be showing you top 5 that you must have on your makeup kit! MAC is famous for their pigmented eyeshadows and a beauty addict like me always tries to collect all of them! But they are too many and can be a little bit overwhelming, don't you think? I don't have all the MAC eyeshadows, and I stop buying it right now unless there is something I like. So, I hope this post will guide you what to buy first, but I won't limit you on what you should buy. I just think these five eyeshadows are the most basic ones and you gotta have them ;) So let's get started!



MAC All That Glitters

MAC All That Glitters
First eyeshadow is All That Glitters. It is a shimmery beige champagne with gold flecks, and has a veluxe pearl finish. You can use this as a lid color, highlight color on your browbone and inner tear duct of your eye. 


MAC Expensive Pink

MAC Expensive Pink
MAC Expensive Pink is the most beautiful and unique pink shade I have ever seen. It is a dark pink with gold sparkle and also has veluxe pearl finish. It is shimmery, but not too much. It is the most neutral peachy pink in my opinion. 


MAC Satin Taupe

MAC Satin Taupe
Rather than choosing a boring brown shade, MAC Satin Taupe is the most perfect and unique color in the brown shade. It is a taupe color with a hint of purple and grey and silver shimmer. This is perfect if you want to create a smokey eye without using regular browns or blacks. It is pretty on the lid, and on the crease as well. 

MAC Cork

MAC Cork
MAC Cork looks like a boring medium brown shade, but it is the most perfect color to blend eyeshadows on your lid or crease. It is a muted golden brown with matte finish. I love this eyeshadow especially for blending. So, if you have dark eyeshadows on your lid or crease, apply MAC Cork on top of it with a fluffy blending brush using a windshield wiper motion. It will give you the smoothest finish, making your eye makeup look more supple. 

MAC Beauty Marked

MAC Beauty Marked
MAC Beauty Marked is also a really unique shade. It looks like a lot of glitters, but it won't make your eye looks like a disco ball. When you take it with your brush, the glitter will come off in a super tiny amount. MAC Beauty Marked is a black purple with velvet finish. It will look chalky when you swatch it, but it picks up the color better when you use a brush. I love this color to darken my outer corner. It won't make it too dramatic like you're wearing a black eyeshadow. 


Left to Right: MAC Beauty Marked, MAC Cork, MAC Satin Taupe, MAC Expensive Pink, MAC All That Glitters


Where to buy: MAC, $15 for 0.05oz

So that's all my top 5 MAC eyeshadow must haves! Do you have any of these? Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comment below! And please follow me on Twitter and Facebook, so that we can communicate ;) 

Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 

My MAC GIVEAWAY is still going on! Free to enter :) Click here for more information. 

LOVE YOU ALL, 
Alexandra



No comments:

Post a Comment