Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I got a serious injury!

Hey guys,

I know I have not posted blogs as frequent as I did before. I wasn't slacking though, but school was so hectic until it made me unable to keep up with my blog. More than that, I got a serious injury on my face from a microdermabrasion tool.



So, I saw a couple of YouTube videos, talking about a microdermabrasion tool called Personal Microderm. If you do not know what it is, it is basically a tool to make your skin look younger by minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, and blemishes. However, usually you can get this done at a dermatologist. I know I don't have fine lines or wrinkles yet, but I do have blemishes. So who doesn't want to have a perfect skin? Well, these YouTube gurus were so convincing, so I checked the website, watched the how-to videos, and it became more even convincing!

It is $179, which is pretty expensive. But, if you go to dermatologist, each treatment cost hundreds of dollars. I honestly have never done this before, either alone or dermatologist. So, I decided to try.

When it has arrived, I did not open the box for a week, I just left it on the table. I did not know why, but I had bad feeling about it, that was why I did not open it or try it on directly. Finally a week after, I opened the box, and spent an hour learning how to use it. I watched the video really carefully (the box included a CD, but it was broken, so I have to watch it from its website), read the instructions, and tried it on my elbow. OMG, when I tried it on my elbow, the tool sucked my skin directly and it scared me! But finally, I figured it out.

I did not try it on my face directly at that time. It was on Friday night, I got nothing to do, so I decided to use it (but still the bad feeling was there!). I practiced with it on my chest first, then moved on to the face.

You know what happened?

The tool sucked my skin, and I could not move it. Then, I forced it to get it off.

The result?

It scratched my face off.


how awful is that? (this is the next day, which was Saturday)

Once it scratched my face off, I stopped using it. At first, the scab or the scar was not that obvious. When I woke up the next morning, OMG I felt like I wanted to scream and cry! and I had to go to work at that time. I was so panic, and I tried to cover it with make-up (I know it's bad! but I was too panic to think). However, the scar was so intense even make-up could not cover it. 

In the middle of my work, I googled how to get rid of it. A lot of ways apparently, one of it was to use honey. So, then I put honey on my scar. 

Then, my sister came visiting me at work, she saw my face and she was also like, "WHAT IS ON YOUR FACE?" So I told her the whole story... and she suggested to treat the scar soon, and to use a scar gel called Mederma. 

So, I went to Walgreens, and I found Mederma. It was $19.99, which was pretty expensive, but whatever.. I bought it. I removed my make-up, and applied it. It is said to apply it 3-4 times on a new scar, but I applied it like 10 times a day. Every time before I applied it, I washed my hand first. 



Now, I am going to show you the improvement day by day... you judge :)

Day 1 (Sept 18)

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4



Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8

Day 10 (I forgot to take picture on Day 9!)

Day 11 


Mederma said a new scar will recover in 8 weeks, but as you can see in Day 8, the scar has recovered and just turned into redness. In my opinion, Mederma helped to cover the scar by forming a new skin. That's why, when it was still forming a new skin, I did NOT put any make-up on it. I only put on Mederma gel. The scar honestly would look obvious when the gel is on, but seriously, it was worth it! And since the scar is covered by the new skin, I can put on make-up again as usual, just to cover the redness. 

Lastly, I want to say BIG thank you to my sister for suggesting me to use Mederma, unless I would not know, and still have the scar now. Also, BIG thank you to Mederma itself. You all know that make-up is my life and passion, so when I still had the scar, it made my days worse whenever I looked into the mirror. 

For all of you who experienced this, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I know how it felt to have a scar on your face, to have people looking at you, to have people asking how it happened. As long as you choose the right product, and you believe that it will work, you'll be fine. In addition, it improves your confidence too! 

Thank you so much for reading my blog, hope it inspires all of you! I apologize it is so long! 

Love,
Alexandra

p/s: I had returned the personal microderm btw!:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so sad! Good thing you found something that worked! Thanks Alexandra xD

    ReplyDelete