Tuesday, November 22, 2011

MAC Glittler and Ice

Hey y'all!

Yay for finally another haul/review post! Recently I did not buy a lot of beauty products because there were none I was interested in, and I did not have time to go to the mall. The closest mall I have is 40 minutes away! 

So, I know this is a little bit too late, but if you are a MAC fan, you know that MAC just came out with a HUGE holiday collection of Glitter and Ice. When I said huge, it is really huge!! It has SO many stuffs until I could not decide which one should I get! 

Since I am on the budget, I picked two items, but each item has multiple stuffs in it. Get it? This is good if you are on the budget too. It will sound expensive, but actually you are saving money. Here let me show you:

I bought them in the MAC counter at Nordstrom. Look how cute the bag is! 

These are what I've got. The boxes are so pretty, I think. It really represents the "Ice." Probably it is even cuter if they put glitter on it, hehe. The left side is Iced Delights Eye Bag in Silver, and the right side is Ice Parade Snowglobe Eyeshadow in Warm

OK, first I am going to show you the Iced Delights Eye Bag in Silver ($45). It includes:

 A silver make-up bag
Duo-shadow compact: Silverware and Blue Spruce
Mini 275 eye brush

Left: Silverware; Right: Blue Spruce. I picked this item because I feel it is the most unique of all of them. I'll describe the colors down below. 

Silverware - it is a frosty finish. It is a mix of silver and lavender. When you swatch it onto your skin, you will see silver with a hint of lavender. Conclusion: so pretty!!

Blue Spruce - this is my favorite one! (Honestly this was the reason why I picked this item haha). I love this eyeshadow because it has a hint of blue, grey, with lavender sparkles! Here I swatch it for you:

Silverware, Blue Spruce 

Zoomlash Mascara was my favorite MAC mascara. It is really 'zooming' your eyelashes and make the look fuller and longer. The color is really dark, too. It just does the trick for you. Highly recommended. This is a permanent item, you can buy it here. 

MAC Graphblack Technakohl Eye Liner used to be my favorite. It is just a black pencil liner, but the good thing is it is retractable, so you do not need a sharpener. However, I feel it does not stay in my eyes very long. I like MAC Smolder Eye Kohl better. It is darker, and stay longer. 

MAC 275 Eye Brush is an angled eye brush. You can use it to define your eye crease, or make a cat eye look. Honestly, I rarely use an angled brush, as you can see I never use it in all of my posts because I feel regular eye brushes also can do the same thing as an angled one, probably even with a better result.


I have not peeled the plastic cover yet, hehe. 

When I first saw the packaging, I was like "OMG!!!!!" The packaging is so adorable! It is really a snowglobe guys. Shake the globe, and the glitters will "fly" beautifully inside. 

I know, I know the color looks boring. I was just attracted by the packaging :( and I did not like other two eye palettes.

So, it includes six eyeshadows and costs $38. Thirty-eight dollars for six eyeshadows with mini brush, and a pretty globe? Not a bad deal! :)

The quality of the shadows did not "wow" me. It is not bad, but not too excellent either. For example, Winterscape is a pretty highlight color, but it is not opaque. I feel it has too much glitter, and too sparkly. Patina is a permanent shadow, if you like it you can buy it separately here. It is a taupe color with a hint of gold. The downside is although it is a pretty color, unfortunately it is not that pigmented. Gold eyeshadow is really my favorite, so Gaelic Gold is my favorite in this palette! The quality is pretty good too, it is pigmented and pretty opaque color. Love it!

Magical Mist is a sparkle concrete color; pretty, but not too pigmented. Buckwheat is probably one of my favorite too - it is a reddish brown color and pretty pigmented color. Lastly, as you can see on Midnight Flurry, it looks like just a black color. But, when you swatch it, it is a really dark brown, almost black, with a matte finish. This is going to be a really good outer corner color for that smokey look. :)

So, that is all what I got from the collection. What do you think about the collection so far? Will you purchase it? Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comment below! :) 

For more pictures and collections, you can go to MAC website. 

loVe, 
Alexandra 



No comments:

Post a Comment