Thursday, October 6, 2011

Haul: September Beauty

Hey everyone!

This is going to be my first haul post, so I am so excited! I know, I know, this is a kind of late haul for September, but I want to let you all know what I have got during in the month of September.

NOTE: this is just a haul post, this is NOT a post for bragging what I've bought. The only purpose for this haul is just to guide you purchasing products in case you are planning to buy them. Other than that, just for fun! I love reading a haul post, and I am also having fun watching haul videos. To be honest, sometimes I ended up buying the same things as theirs :p

So, here is what I got, in general...


Starting with skin care products:


I was at Beauty Brands the other day to buy a toner. Then, I saw one set of acne treatment from Murad. I never tried a Murad brand before, so I decided to give them a shot. 

The set is $36 at Beauty Brands, but you can buy it online for $29.95. The set comes with:
Then, when I went to Ulta, I purchased more Murad products, which are:

So this is what I've done so far:
  • Clarifying Cleanser - this is the first product I use after I wipe off my make-up with a make-up remover. It contains 1% of Salicylic Acid, which great to fight acne and breakouts. After I cleanse my face with this, I feel so refreshed! 
  • Clarifying Toner - After I cleanse my face, I used a cotton pad with the Clarifying Toner in it, and just go around my face. 
  • Acne Spot Treatment - I dot this product right to the acne and the surroundings, do NOT apply this to all over your face, since it gets 3% Salicylic Acid, which is pretty strong, so you do not want to get irritated. 
  • Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel - as the name says, it is in a gel form and contains 1% Salicylic Acid. However, this one I can apply it all over my face and neck. 
  • Skin Perfecting Lotion - this works as moisturizer does. I apply it all over my face and I feel my skin honestly feels so great! 
  • Clarifying Mask - I use this once a week, as the direction of use said. Great thing about this mask is it is easy to rinse! If you have ever tried a mask before, you know the mask will get harden on your face, and you have to use a warm cloth to wipe it off. This mask you just rinse it with water like you wash your face. I was so surprised when the first time I use it, it feel so soft and smooth when you rinse it with lukewarm water. 
  • Acne Treatment Concealer - I use this under my foundation, I just dot it in any blemishes I have. For a concealer, this is pretty good stuff because it has a sheer to medium coverage. In addition, it gets rid of your acne too! 
I have been using this products for three weeks, it does clear my acne, but not acne scars, at least for now. So I feel pretty satisfy about these products. I will let you know how it goes for the next few weeks! 

If you want to get rid of acne, these products are worth of trying :) 


Move on to hair care products...


  • Fekkai Tousled Wave Spray, purchased at Ulta for $25 - this product will help you to create a beachy waves, but unfortunately it does not last long unless you curl your hair with a curling iron. What I do is I wash my hair (or you can just make your hair wet or a little bit damp), then I just get rid of the water then I spray this onto my hair. I scrunch my hair a little bit, then I tie it in a bun for three sections. While waiting for the hair to form the waves, I do my make-up first. Afterwards, I untie it and spray some more. My hair is originally straight, so once my hair dries, it goes back to straight again. The next day, I spray to my hair, but this time in dry. Then, I curl it with a curling iron. In my opinion, this product works best when I use a curling iron. My curls stays all day!

  • Aquage Straightening Ultragel, purchased at my local Salon for $13, buy online here - I am obsessed with hair straightening products, I do not know why, but I think because I just like the feeling when my hair is super straight. Anyway, I apply this hair gel after I wash my hair, so when it is still really wet. I apply it from the roots to the end of my hair. This makes my hair even more straight and smoother too! :)
Last but not least.. Make-up!



  • CARGO blu_ray pressed powder, purchased at Ulta for $30 - I use number 20. This pressed powder gives me an HD finish. I just dab it in a little amount using CARGO Magic Brush. 
  • L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation, purchased at CVS for $14.99  - I use it in Natural Beige. This really makes my face so smooth! The coverage is buildable too, means you can use it as much as you want without making it too cakey. 
  • L'Oreal Studio Secret Face Primer, purchased at CVS for $10.99 - this product goes along with L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation. I apply this before the foundation, and it will make my face so smooth, honestly like baby skin! :)
Then, I also got some from the latest MAC Collection called MAC Fall Colour. This collection is pretty big because they have three categories: Midnight Blue, Angel Flame, Wild Colour. I only purchased some of the Midnight Blue collection:


The next collection is also from MAC called Art of Powder. It came up with three powder: Street Eyeshadow, In the Abstract Highlighter, Optical Bronzer. Good thing about these products? Surely the design!
  • Street Eyeshadow, $38 - as you can see, this "palette" has different colors. I honestly do not really like this, and I do not think this works well for eyeshadows because it is not that pigmented. But, I am positive that this is a good highlighter! 



  • Optical Bronzer, $38 - Even though the name says bronzer, but I use this as a blush. I love this product because it gives you warmth on your cheeks, with a slight pinky color :)





I hope you enjoy reading my haul! Let me know if you are getting some of these! :)

Love,
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment