Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Haul: Sephora Vol.1 (NARS and Benefit)

Hello beauties! 

Guess what? It is a haul post today! Last haul post I did was back in 2011. How crazy is that? The reason why I did not do too many haul posts is because I do not want you guys think that I am bragging about what I bought. I really saved my money before I splurged it on something, and buying makeup makes me happy! Don't you feel the same way too? :) 

Today's haul is from Sephora. I went to Sephora a few days ago, but I did not get too many stuffs. What I got: Benefit POREfessional face primer, Benefit Erase Paste concealer and NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Mandchoure (lucky I do not need to pronounce this to you, haha).


First, lets talk about Benefit POREfessional face primer ($29). The reason why I bought this was because I heard so many good reviews about it, and I tried it on my friend's face because he got pretty large pores (I forced him to do it! Haha!), and this really close his pores, so I was like amazed! I was also in between buying this or Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Primer, but I decided to try this out first. 

So, what does it exactly do? It is to minimize the appearance of pores. I have pretty obvious pores around my nose, so I apply it mostly on that area. I like it because the texture is very lightweight and silky. It does have a yellow tint to it, but when you apply it, it becomes translucent. I also like it because it is oil free and makes my face really smooth. Oh by the way, I apply it before I put my foundation on. The box also says that you can apply it over your make up for touch-ups. It also comes with a small guideline on how you can apply it. 






Alright, move on... 

Next is going to be NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Mandchoure ($33). This product was from their holiday 2011 collection, but is still available at Sephora! I got it because I fell in love with the blue denim color with a gold hint on it, pretty unique, huh? While the deep blue color is really common. However, I just realized that the denim color is kind of similar to MAC Knight Divine, and the deep blue is almost exactly the same as MAC Nehru. So, if you already have those two, you might not need this duo eyeshadow. I love NARS, but why does it have to be so expensive?! :( 




Oh, by the way, I am working on tutorial using this duo eyeshadow. I'll let you know when it is up! :) 

Last but not least, a product from Benefit (again?!!!). It is a concealer called Erase Paste ($26). It comes with three shades: fair, medium and deep. I got the fair one. I have been wanting to get this for a while, but I was always not sure about it. So, I finally decided to give it a try. For me, I think this works best to hide under eye circles (dark circles). When I tried to cover my acne with this, it was too orange, so I have to put a concealer that matches my skin on top of it. 

The box also comes with a small guideline, and it says that you can conceal and brighten your dark circles, camouflage those shadowy areas from nose to the lip and conceal imperfections. I still do not get it what the second one does - shadowy areas? I tried it, but I honestly do not see a difference. For concealing imperfections like blemishes or discoloration, I need to build it up in order to get a full coverage. However, the more I build it up, the more orangey it looks. So, I gave up. I think I am just going to use this for dark circles around my eyes. 

The box also comes with a spatula, it recommends you to take the concealer with a spatula and place it on the back of your hand. But I just take it with a clean finger or a concealer brush. Now that I am writing this, I am thinking to try taking it with the spatula, should I? 



It looks like it matches my skin tone, but actually it is not! :( 

So that's all what I got guys! What do you guys think of these products? Have you tried any of these? If you have, does it work for you? Which one you would recommend to keep/return? Let me know in the comment below! :) 


loVe, 
Alexandra 


No comments:

Post a Comment