Monday, January 30, 2012

New Love: MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer






Hey y'all! 

If you have seen my Sephora haul post (click here if you haven't seen it), you know that I would write a review about Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer. Well, guess what? It is my new love now! :) 

Trust me, I have been trying all different kinds of face primers from low-end to high-end brands. I have tried L'Oreal Studio Secret Magic Perfecting Base, L'Oreal Magic LUMI PrimerPhysician Formula Correcting Primer 3-in-1, MAC Prep & PrimeSmashbox Photo Finish Primer, Benefit POREfessional, and many more. I discontinued using these primers either because it broke me out or I just simply don't like the feeling of it. 

However, this MUFE HD Primer is different. It does not break me out and I feel my skin is moisturized after I am applying it onto my skin. Most importantly, it makes my makeup stays all day - not even move a little bit! I have a lot of acne on both of my cheeks. This primer helps smooth out that area so that concealer and foundation can be applied smoothly and evenly. How incredible it is! 

The consistency of the HD Primer is very lightweight and oil free. My T-zone is the most oiliest area of my face. The HD Primer helps to control oil so that my face won't be greasy throughout the day! 

Here is what the box says: 
"HD Primer is light, non-greasy skin perfector that improves the skin's appearance and primes it for make-up application. Enriched with Argatensyl, the Microperfecting Primer smoothes out the skin, minimizing lines and pores. The spherical Silica particles and Phycosaccharide give a soft, velvety finish for even make-up and long-lasting hold. HD Primer genuinely energizes skin cells, moisturizing and bringing radiance to the skin." 



MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer comes in seven shades: Neutral, Green, Mauve, Caramel, Blue, Yellow and Pink. Each color has different functions. For example, green is to conceal redness, yellow is to lighten dark complexions, etc. I bought the shade Neutral because it suits every skin tone and it can add natural luminosity to the complexion. 

A face primer is definitely a luxury item, you don't have to have it on your make-up collection. If you like to wear make-up daily, need a long-lasting make-up, and want to make your pores look smaller, fill in lines and smooth rough textures, then you can have a primer. However, a make-up setting spray can also do the same thing. I do not use a primer everyday, sometimes I even just use a moisturizer before I apply my face make-up, and that will do the same thing as well. But, if you want to invent a good primer, this is definitely the one :) 

You can buy this at any local Sephora stores, or Sephora website. It costs $32. 

Have you ever tried the HD Primer yet? What is your favorite primer? 

Hope you all have a wonderful day! 

lOve always, 
Alexandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment