Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review: Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30
Hi babes! I am so excited to review the Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 because you all know how importance to me sunscreen is, and if there was a sunscreen that was easy to apply or basically making my life easier, then it would be awesome. Well you know what.. I have found one :)

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 is a mineral powder sunscreen that has a matte finish and translucent, and it is so convenient to use. It comes in a little tube with retractable brush, so you can simply throw it into your purse or makeup bag, or maybe even in your pocket, so you won't forget to reapply sunscreen.

This powder sunscreen comes in four different kinds: original SPF 45 and SPF 30 (for all skin types), for oily problem skin SPF 30 (the one that I have), anti-aging SPF 45, and bronzing powder SPF 30.

I am totally obsessed with this product and I apply it almost every one or two hours. Since I have a lot of acne scars, reapplying sunscreen can help to eliminate them. So, this bad boy is a holly grail for me!

Oily Problem Skin SPF 30 has 0.4% of Salicylic Acid which helps with prevent future breakouts and controls the oil on our face. Not only it gives UVA/UVB protection and prevents sunburn, skin damage, freckling, and uneven discoloration, but it also has vitamin A, C and E to nourish and repair our skin. The translucent powder gives me a matte finish and I even use it to set my makeup.

The retractable brush also comes with a cap to keep it sanitized. To close the lid, simply pull the bottom down then replace the cap. It looks really cool actually when you are doing it fast, haha.

The only problem with this is you can't wash the brush because as you sweep this onto your face, the powder instantly comes out from the tube. So if you wash it, the water will flow into the tube and ruin the product inside. So, I am wondering if the brush can leave bacteria on our face and cause breakouts? You know our face might have bacteria from our hands, the environment, so those dirty things will transfer to the brush, and we keep applying with the same brush to our face. As a result, we might have breakouts here and there. According to my experience, yes I do get breakouts but not so bad. I got like one or two pimples on my cheeks mostly, and one on my chin and forehead. I don't wanna say it came from the brush because it might be the touch from my hands.

I still use my IQQU Sunscreen (click here for its review), but I only use it once a day after I put on my moisturizer. I use Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen several times a day for touch ups.

Overall, it is a great great great product. It is a mess-free, blemish-free sunscreen, and it gives a matte finish so that our face won't look greasy throughout the day. It also says that it is for immediate sun protection, so you don't need to wait for 15-20 minutes before you go out to the sun. I really highly recommend this product to all of you because sunscreen is super important for our skin and sadly people tend to skip it (click here to read Sunscreen 101), and this instant mineral sunscreen is so easy to use so you won't skip it!


Where to buy: Sephora, Peter Thomas Roth, $30 for 0.15oz. 


Do you apply sunscreen everyday? What is your favorite sunscreen? Leave in the comment below, and please add me on your Facebook and Twitter! Lets be friends! :) 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 


You have 3 days left to enter my MAC GIVEAWAY!! Hurry up! Click here to enter :) 

I LOVE YOU, 
Alexandra 

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30
HOW TO CLOSE THE CAP:

Pull the bottom, it will extend like the picture above...

...then replace the cap

...push the bottom up! Easy right? ;) 



4 comments:

  1. I have this in the regular SPF 30 and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE AWESOME HUN! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I was wondering,is there anyway to open the tube and get the powder out?I think I would purchase this powder if I could put the powder in a diffrent container,which would be easier for me.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete