Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Trend: 3D Nails/Micro Bead Nails



Hey loves!!

Have you seen the new Caviar Manicure from Ciate? It is basically a nail art that will give a 3D effect. The Ciate Caviar Manicure comes in three shades: Strawberry Milkshakes (pink nail polish with colorful beads), Mother of Pearl (white nail polish with white beads), and Black Pearls (black nail polish with black-blue pearls).

To be honest with you guys, I did not own this kit and I got a chance to put some on at Sephora before I decided to purchase it. I tried it on my pinky finger, and I fell in love at the first sight. I honestly could not stop starring at it, and I wish I could have all my finger nails done. I really had the urge to buy it, but I controlled my self because I wanted to see how long would it last.

Before I jump on my conclusion, I want to explain to you how the kit works. So, it comes with the nail polish and the micro bead and a little funnel. What I did was I put on the pink nail polish first and I did not wait until it dried or almost dried. I might wait for one minute before I put the bead on. Now the fun part. I put the plastic box under my hand, and I just pour the bead onto my pinky finger. Seriously it was so fun, it was like putting sprinkles on a cupcake. Don't worry about the remaining bead that fall into the plastic, that's when the funnel comes in handy. Use the funnel to put back the remaining bead so you're not wasting them.

After I 'sprinkled' my nail, I kinda pressed the bead so that it would stick better. Then I was wondering, so I put a top coat on? Since I was experimenting, I went ahead grab a topcoat and apply it just on the tip of my nail. Guess what happened.... the bead melted. Yes, it melted. So don't put top coat on the entire nail otherwise you'll ruin your nail art ;)

So I was so happy with the result.. but the bead kinda started to fall off in the next two hours. It says it can last you until 48 hours, which means only 2 days! First day it still looked great, the second day the nail polish started to chip, the bead fell off.

This kit is $25 dollars dear.. but it will beautify your nails in just a couple of hours and you have to redo it again. So do you think it is worth it? If you are lucky, it might be able to last you up to 48 hours. It was probably because I did so many activities with my hands, like typing, washing dishes, writing, driving, etc. So it did not work for me.

If you really really want this 3D nail effect, I bet you can get micro bead at Michael's or Hobby Lobby, and just use your regular nail polish with an opaque finish. I have not tried this yet, but I am pretty sure it will work the same way.


Where to buy: Sephora, $25. 


What do you think of this trend? Are you gonna follow it? What about the kit? Yay or Nay? ;) Let me know in the comment below! And send me your requests on Facebook or Twitter! 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby


9 days left to enter my MAC GIVEAWAY! Click here to enter ;) 


Love Ya, 
Alexandra 

Photo is from here
First day

Next day (morning)



No comments:

Post a Comment