Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Favorites!


Can you believe it is already May? I swear I felt April went by too fast, it is crazy knowing how time flies! May is a good month for me because it is my birthday month (my birthday is May 18 if you're curious, hee hee). But also May will be a hectic month because my apartment lease ends on May 31st, and I have not decided yet whether to move or to stay. But if I choose to move, I need to pack, load, and then unpack, and bla bla bla. OMG... I already freak out just by imagining it.

Since it is still the first day of May, I decided to do my April Favorites now. Honestly, April has been weird for my beauty routine. Probably I only wore makeup 10 times during April, how crazy was that? So there are not so many products I have been loving during April. So, lets just get started!


I have been obsessed with this Caudalie Beauty Elixir water spray since the day I got it. It is basically like a facial spray mist but with lots of benefits. It sets your makeup, refreshes your skin, and moisturizes your skin too! When the weather gets too hot or dry, or I just need a boost, I just spray this onto my face, and I am fully awake again! I did a review on this, click here to read. 
Where to buy: Sephora, $18


IQQU Advanced Sunscreen is my all time favorite sunscreen ever! I have used it for years but I was not serious about using sunscreen at that time, but now I apply this religiously (click here to read why sunscreen is important!). It can leave a white cast if you apply it too much though. There was one time I looked like a ghost due to too much of this product, haha. But after a few hours, the white cast will be disappeared. I also did an in-depth review on this sunscreen, just click here to read :) 
Where to buy: IQQU, $28.99


You guys know my favorite face powder to set my makeup is the bareMinerals Original SPF 15 Powder Foundation because it has been featured on my monthly favorites twice! However, during the month of April, I have been using Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder more because it is a translucent powder and it feels really light on my skin. Yes it is white powder, but it won't make your face looks like a ghost. It actually smoothes out your skin giving you an HD look. The powder is super fine and so soft. It is great for setting my makeup :) 
Where to buy: Sephora, $32


Next favorites are a pair of L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara and MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork. I told you at the beginning that I did not wear makeup a lot these days, so if I just needed an oomph, I just apply Groundwork on my lid and apply this mascara. Groundwork really evens out your lid and just gives it a hint of color. I am actually going to show you how I did it soon (click here for the tutorial), and a review for this mascara is upcoming next (click here for the review)! :) 
Where to buy: L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara, any drugstores, $7.99; MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork, MAC, $17.50

Last but not least is a mask from Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask. I have not seen a huge difference yet, but I saw a small improvement on my skin already just by using this mask. This mask is really different than any others, the texture of it is not clay-based, so it applies smoothly like you apply lotion. The color is not an opaque white, but it seriously feels like moisturizers. It is supposed to brighten up and even out your skin after ten minutes waiting time. 
Where to buy: Sephora, $48. 


Other random favorites: 
My favorite iPhone apps are still the Smurfs Village! OMG I have been playing it nonstop!! This is the first time of my life that I am obsessed with a game. I am not a game girl, but the Smurfs Village really gets me into it. Another app that I have been loving is Instagram. I mean who does not love Instagram? It makes your pictures look professional! Follow me on Instagram, my username is alexandrauby ;) 

My favorite food is still frozen yogurt. I have been eating frozen yogurt almost everyday during April. I really need to cut it off ><" Oh and I also have been loving Subway! I used to eat Subway everyday last Spring, then I got bored. Now I am back loving it! Have you tried Flatbread yet? If you haven't, you should try it out! The bread tastes sweet and it is just so delicious! I like Flatbread with tuna jalapeno, or with chicken parmesan.. YUMMY!!!

My favorite TV Shows: Biggest Loser (still!). This week is a final week, so I really look forward to it! Do you watch it too? If yes, who do you think is going to be the 'biggest loser?' Also, I love Big Bang Theory to death, and I have been re-watching old episodes every night before I go to bed. It is good to have a laugh before you sleep so that you'll have a nice dream, haha. 

I think that's it.. I can't think of any favorites anymore. You can ask me anything in the comment below, or follow me on Twitter and Facebook, so that we'll stay connected (I mean, that's what the Internet for, right?)

What are your April Favorites? Share them with me! :) 


Love you all!!!! ;) 
Alexandra 



No comments:

Post a Comment