Friday, May 11, 2012

How-to: Get a Glowy Silky Smooth Leg!



Hi lovelies! Today I want to share my tip with you on how to get your legs looking smooth and glowy. You might have known or done this method before, but who knows some of you don't know yet, hee hee. I actually have acknowledged it for a long time, but I never really apply it to myself. I don't know why, but I think it was because I was kinda skeptical about the result was going to be not much difference whether I do the method or not.

So, all you need is body scrub, shaving cream and razor, and a body lotion. That's it, and I am pretty sure you have had all of them in your shower! :)


Skin Smoothing Shower Gelee in Sweet Pea from Bath and Body Works, St. Ives Purify Exfoliating Body Wash from CVS, Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub from Lush




First, all you need to do is exfoliate your whole body with body scrub. You can use loofah if you want to, but using your hands is totally fine.


Pure Silk Moisturizing Shaving Cream in Raspberry Mist, Venus SPA Breeze 2-in-1 Razor
Second step is the shaving step! Apply a generous amount of your favorite shaving cream, do one part at a time. I like to do my legs first, then move on to my arms and body. Because if you apply shaving cream all over your body, your shower will wash it out and you have to apply more products, which means you're gonna waste it (unless you turn off your shower, hee hee). I love this Pure Silk Moisturizing Shaving Cream that I got it at Walmart. I bought the twin pack for $2.98, and it lasts forever (I bought it maybe like 4 months ago, and I even have not gone through the first bottle)! It really does what it says - my skin feels so smooth, clean, and moisturized. Best $3 I have ever spent.

The razor that I am using is from Venus SPA Breeze 2-in-1 Razor, which is actually not necessary to be used with a shaving cream, but I feel it shaves better and cleaner with shaving cream.

Then, after you finish shaving, rinse it off then apply your body wash like usual.


Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion from drugstore, Moonlight Path Triple Moisture Body Cream, Sweet Pea Body Butter, and Wild Honeysuckle Triple Moisture Body Cream - all from Bath and Body Works

Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer from drugstore
After you got off from the shower and dried up your body with towel, apply your favorite body lotion! Body lotion locks the moisture on your body and keeps your skin stay hydrated. You can also replace body lotion with your self-tanner if you want to look tan. This is the best time to apply self-tanner because you just scrubbed and shaved your body so that you can get an even and smooth application.


The good thing if you do this method is not only you'll get a smooth silky leg, but also it makes the hair grows slower. I did all of these steps four days ago, and the hair on my legs has not even grown yet, except on my arms. And until this second, my skin still feels so smooth and silky and I did not apply body lotion since four days ago. My skin never feels so hydrated and smooth like this before, I can't even stop starring at it now, haha.


What are your tips and tricks to get silky smooth legs? Share with me in the comment below! Or you can tweet me on Twitter and post on my Facebook wall if you have any requests or questions :) 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 


I am having a MAC Giveaway now! You can enter as many as you want! Click here to enter. ;) 

MUCH LOVE, 
Alexandra 


No comments:

Post a Comment