Monday, April 2, 2012

March Favorites




Hi lovelies! I am going to start with a short intro this time because I found out I rambled too much in the beginning most of the time, haha. I apologize for that and I hope you didn't mind. So anyway, I am going to show you my favorite products/things of the month of March.

So my first favorite is a skin care product from dr.brandt Microdermabrasion Exfoliating Face Cream . It is basically an exfoliator/face scrub that would give you in-office results although you are doing it at home and by yourself. I love this product because I really can see the difference on my face right after I used it. My face looks brighter and less redness. You know I have so many red spots on my cheeks, and after I exfoliate with this, I could see the redness becomes less and my face feels so fresh! It removes dull skin and gives my skin radiance. You can only use this one to twice a week, I really wish I could use this everyday! But you know exfoliating your face everyday is bad for your skin.

Where to buy: Sephora, dr.brandt site, $75 for 1.7oz. 

You might have guessed that this BB Cream will be featured on my March favorite since I have done a few posts featuring this product. It is the Lioele Triple the Solutions BB Cream (click here for its comparison with Skin79 BB Cream, and click here for its comparison with Fairydrops Candy Bar BB Cream). I love this BB Creams more than any other ones because it has the medium to full coverage, and it has great benefits for your skin, such as whitening, wrinkle free and UV protection.

Where to buy: Pretty and Cute, $28.60
You might also have guess this was going to be featured on my March favorite, haha. I did a post on this NARS Blush in Exhibit A  (click here to read) and since then I could not stop using it! Don't be afraid of bright neon blush, the trick is to dab your brush as light as you can and then apply it onto the apple of your cheeks. It will give you a healthy natural cheek look.

Where to buy: Sephora, NARS site, $28.

In the spring and summer, I love to highlight most features on my face such as above cheekbones, nose bridge, chin and cupid's bow, while in the fall or winter, I like to keep my face look matte. I tried this highlighter from theBalm called Mary-Lou Manizer and I fell in love with it. It is hands down the best highlighter I have ever used - very pigmented, good quality, very smooth, and most importantly it really gives you a natural glow on your face, especially when the lights hit it. I am not gonna go too much about it, please click here for further reviews, photos and swatches.

Where to buy: Sephora, Beauty Brands, theBalm site, $24. 

I never tried bareMinerals products before because I thought it was for elder people. Well I was wrong... Apparently bareMinerals' products contain natural ingredients that are better for your skin. My best friend uses this bareMinerals original powder foundation SPF 15 and her skin looks great! I purchased this in January (it is on my January favorites too!) , and I keep using it until today. I love it, it gives you good coverage, and does not break me out at all. Even though it is a powder foundation, I use it as face powder to set my foundation. This won't cover my imperfections or whatsoever. So if you already have a clear nice skin, you can just put this on, and you're good to go! :)

Where to buy: Sephora, $26

I did a post on My Top 5 Bronzers (click here to read), and this is one of them. Usually I like to change bronzers weekly, but I use this bronzer from Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder most of the time. I used to hate this because it has a strong cocoa smell, don't get me wrong, I love cocoa. But I just could not stand this smell, so I stopped using it for a while. Then I saw this on my makeup drawers, used it and love it since then. The smell does not bother me as much as it did, and I love it because it gives you a really natural tan look. Most importantly, it is a matte bronzer!

Where to buy: Sephora, Too Faced website, $29

This one is not my favorite, but I used it throughout the whole March. If you've seen my January Favorites, you knew I love MAC Kabuki Brush 182. The thing is MAC 182 is freaking expensive and I want to always keep it like new because I wash my brushes everyday and I am afraid it will strip off the bristles. So I need to get another less expensive kabuki brush that I can use daily. I purchased this Kabuki Brush from theBalm because it was on sale on Hautelook the other day without knowing the quality of it. Well apparently the bristles are not as soft as MAC 182, I did not really like it. But I use it anyway since this is the only back up for a kabuki brush that I have. This is featured on March favorite simply because I wanted to let you know the quality of it and I have been using it during the whole March.

Where to buy: Sephora, $24.



RANDOM FAVORITES

I am addicted to Smurf game! My nephews introduced this game to me and they asked me to download it. At first I hesitated to download it because I never stick into a game, but it is a free game anyway.. so why don't I try it out. Well, now I can't stop playing it! It is basically a harvesting game, you harvest your crops, gain gold coins, level up, etc. It is so fun! 

Last but not least is lemonade! I loveeeeeee making lemonade since the weather is so hot right now! I just purchased natural lemon juice at Walmart, it is really cheap, $2 for a medium sized bottle. I pour it like a quarter of the cup, then mix it with cold water. Put ice and a little bit of sugar. Ahhhh soo refreshing!!


So that's it my March favorite! What is your March favorite?? Share with me in the comment below, or just tweet me on Twitter, or you can also post on my Facebook wall. Looking forward to knowing your favorites of the month! 


Love, 
Alexandra 


No comments:

Post a Comment