Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Trend: Silver Liner ft. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Silver Dollar. Tutorial included :)



One of the Spring trends this year is all about silver: silver eyeshadows, silver liners, or even silver lipsticks! So today I am going to share with you about my favorite silver eye liner and how I like to use it! :)

To be honest with you guys, I am not a fan of silver color, I'd rather use gold than silver. However, I looked into so many magazines featuring silver liners and it really got me into it. I usually did not follow the trend if I am not comfortable with it, but it feels like this silver trend screamed to me for trying it out! Haha.. So I decided to get out of my comfort zone and made a difference!

I only own one silver eyeliner in my kit, and it is from Stila Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in the color Silver Dollar. Among all cosmetic brands, I feel Stila has the best eyeliner, especially in the Kajal line. I like this Stick Waterproof Eyeliner because it is long wearing, creamy and waterproof! It is easy to blend and it won't smudge throughout the day giving you a panda eye look, haha. It also has slight shimmers to make your eyes stand out and the color is vibrant!

There are several ways to use silver eyeliners: with your bare eyes, line your upper lashline and lower lashline with your choice of silver eyeliner, and apply a good coat of mascara, or you can have a neutral eye look, but apply the silver liner either in lower lashline only or upper lashline, or even both!

What I like to do is to use silver eyeliner for brightening my eye dramatically. As you can see in the tutorial below, I apply the Silver Dollar starting from my inner tear duct, then go until a quarter of my inner lower lashline. This will give me an instant "wake-up" look. But one thing to note about is to have a neutral eye look and a dramatic liner at the same time, so it will be balance. But if you want to have a dramatic eye look with silver eyeliner in your upper lashline, please do so! I have no intention to limit you at all :) I like to have neutral eye look and silver liner because it is more appropriate for the day time or an everyday look.

Besides brightening your eyes, silver liner also gives you an "oomph" on your eyes. People might stare at you, but they will be like, "a silver liner? Cool!" or they might think you are very creative! :)

I highly recommend you to use a little bit of hint of silver on your day look. Silver eyeshadows might be too much for the day, so a silver eyeliner will be perfect! You can use any silver eyeliners you have or you can find at the drugstores, I know Maybelline Eyestudio Masted Drama Cream Pencil in Made of Steel is a good one. It is smudgeproof and waterproof too! :)


Have you ever tried using silver liner before? What is your favorite way to apply it? If you have not, will you try it out? Let me know in the comment below! Please be my friend on Facebook and follow me on Twitter as well :) 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 


i LOVE you, 
Alexandra 

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Silver Dollar 

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Silver Dollar

Stila Smudge Stick Eye Liner in Silver Dollar 

 Steps by Steps 
Starting from your inner tear duct, line a quarter of your upper lashline with the silver line. You don't need to line it exactly a quarter, you can go all the way to a half or full of your lower lashline. 

Then smudge/blend it with a pencil liner. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Blending Brush.

See how it opens up your eyes and make them really stand out?

It brightens my eyes too! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I used to wear silver eyeliner as a eye brightener every day, for about a year. I would also line my waterline with it when I wanted a more dramatic nighttime look - makes your eyes look bigger, but also sparkly! Then I lost the eyeliner, and that was the end of that. I love the Stila eyeliners, too - I got one with my In The Garden palette and it glides on so smoothly the first time I used it I was shocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap that was one of the reasons why I love Stila eyeliners, they are so smooth, glide on effortlessly! Thanks for mentioning that :) Thanks for sharing as well! :)

      Delete