Saturday, April 7, 2012

Review: theBalm FRAT BOY Blush



You guys might get sick of so many theBalm reviews I have done, haha. I promised you this might be the last review of theBalm's product, at least for now ;)

So today's review is a powder blush called Frat Boy, which is also can be used as an eyeshadow. It is a medium peachy coral with a hint of pink. It has very slight shimmer and a subtle sheen finish. The texture of the powder is incredibly smooth, easy to blend, and very pigmented. You just need a little dab onto your blush brush, and you'll see the pretty color pop up on your cheeks. One sweep is usually enough for me, but you can also build its intensity. Even if you are messed up, you can always blend it with a fluffy brush or put a translucent or face powder over it so the color will be sheer. I found out that this blush is also long wearing, I am not sure for how many hours, but I wore this blush from morning and washed it off at night. Before I removed my makeup at night, I'd still be able to see the color on my cheeks.

Like other theBalm packagings, this shadow/blush is packaged in a cardboard palette with a mirror on the inside. The mirror is surrounded by football field and it says, "too many men, so little time..." HOW CUTE IS THAT?! LOL.

Overall, I love this blush not only because it has pretty color and a smooth texture, but also it is talc and paraben free (talc and paraben can harm your skin!). So it is pretty safe to wear it everyday, especially for the spring and summer. This peachy coral blush really screams for spring/summer, don't you think? :) You know I am in love with the NARS Blush in Exhibit A last month (I still do!), but I almost wear this every single day (I am kinda switching them back and forth). It is like my go-to blush because it will match with any eye look or outfit you have.

Where to buy: Sephora, theBalm, $21 for 0.3 oz. 


What do you think of this blush? What is your favorite peachy coral blush? Let me know in the comment below because it is like my favorite blush color! Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook as well, so we can be friends! 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandruby 


Love you! 
Alexandra 

theBalm Frat Boy Blush

theBalm Frat Boy Blush

theBalm Frat Boy Blush

theBalm Frat Boy Blush

theBalm Frat Boy Blush

Only one sweep of theBalm Frat Boy Blush



5 comments:

  1. Oooh i really like the shade of this blush. I have been looking into this line as i adore the packaging it is really cute!!

    New follower here sweety.

    Would love it if you checked out my blog, there is a lush feature about there easter line. :D

    http://shimmerglitzandglam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Thanks for following! :) Same here, I always fall for their packaging and its creative name, haha. Good thing they have good quality products too. I love your blog!! Lush is my new obsession, too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. Im now interested in trying out the thebalm makeup. I love peachy blushes! This blush seems similar to milani minerals blush in mai tai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! Yeap you really should try it out. It took me one year to finally purchase theBalm products and now I am addicted to them, haha. I will definitely check out the Milani blushes, never tried it before but I heard they're good! :)

      Delete
  3. OMG you're so pretty!
    fratboy blush is my must have of this month :)

    ReplyDelete