Friday, April 27, 2012

Review: MAC Reel Sexy Eye Kohl in Heirloom

MAC Eye Kohl in Heirloom
Hi Lovelies! As I promised from my latest MAC Haul post (click here if you haven't read it yet), I would be doing an in-depth review of each thing I got. Today's review is from the Reel Sexy Collection Eye Kohl in Heirloom.

So there are four MAC eye kohls in this collection: Heirloom (metallic lavender), Hyacinth (mid-tone blue), Resort (deep amethyst plum), and Smolder (intense black). The reason why I only bought the Heirloom is because I don't own such a color in my kit, and Smolder is a permanent product and it is my most favorite black eyeliner (you'd always see in my tutorials). I was actually in doubt whether to get Heirloom or Hyacinth because Hyacinth is a pretty muted medium blue, not so navy, not so deep blue, it is like in between. Also, it is an opaque color. However, I finally decided to get Heirloom because I know I have blue eyeliners although it might not be the same shade as Hyacinth, so I would rather spend my money on something I did not have it yet.

Heirloom has a sheer texture. The color payoff isn't that great in one single pass, however I feel the shade is so unique that I know I have to have it. When you look at it, you might see it as a silver or a purple shade. In fact, it is a silvery sheen with lavender tinted and a hint of light gray. I really can't think of similar shade of this one.

All the MAC eye kohls has a soft texture, but they are not creamy as like kajal eyeliners. The color payoff is not as intense as kajal eyeliners either, but what I like about them it is long wearing. I use Smolder for the past two years and I still continue buying it. I wore Heirloom and it lasted for about eight hours without totally fading away. It did move a little bit, but you'd still able to notice the color on my lower lash line. In addition, MAC eye kohls don't dry out, or they don't drag painfully on your waterline. However, I usually need to get a few strokes in order to achieve what I desired.

Overall, I like MAC eye kohls and I have been loving it since forever, just because it stays on my waterline for a long time even though you need a few strokes to get the intensity of the color. If you like to purchase Heirloom, Hyacinth or Resort, you'd better hurry up because they are limited edition products.


Where to buy: MAC, $15 for 0.05oz


What is your favorite eyeliner? Let me know in the comment below! If you have any questions/feedback/requests/just want to say hi, you can always contact me through Facebook and Twitter. I love talking to you all! :) 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 

LOVE YOU!
Alexandra 

MAC Eye Kohl in Heirloom

MAC Eye Kohl in Heirloom

MAC Eye Kohl in Heirloom

Wearing MAC Eye Kohl in Heirloom on my lower lash line 


2 comments: