Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Love: Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

One secret for making my makeup looks flawless is I can never ever skip a makeup setting spray. My favorite one was from Urban Decay De Slick, and I have gone two tubes of it. It does set your makeup for lasting longer, but it does not take care of your skin while you're having makeup on.

So I found a water spray mist from Caudalie called Beauty Elixir, and I saw good reviews about it (apparently Victoria Beckham used this too! She tweeted about it). This spray mist not only does set your makeup, but also takes a good care of your skin.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir is described as "smoothes the skin, tightens the pores, and gives the complexion a burst of radiance." Therefore, this is good for skin that is dull and lack of radiance because it will give you a nice complexion instantly! Also, the mist feels so refreshing and it really can "wake you up" from the morning. You can spray this whenever you need a burst of fresh skin, and it won't ruin your makeup at all. Instead, it will set your makeup and make it last all day.

This water spray does have a slight scent, it is like a balm minty scent. I honestly could not describe how the smell is like, you need to go to Caudalie counter or Sephora to check it out, heehee. However, it is 100 percent natural fragrance and no parabens.

I like to use this mainly for setting my makeup. So after I am done with all my makeup, I spray this onto my face with my eyes closed! Please don't get this into your eyes, it might burn them. Then let it set for a few seconds to dry and your skin will be radiant. You will feel refreshed as well. It also can be used while you're doing your skin care regimens in the morning, preferably spray it before you put on moisturizer.

Especially when the summer is coming and the weather gets really hot, and you can spray this anytime you need a 'refresher.' This water spray does not break me out either. It says it contains alcohol but it is derived from plant origin.

The packaging of it is really elegant too, I feel. It is housed in a matte finish glass with a silver lid. This lid really holds and protects the spray well because sometimes I need an extra power to open it up (or  am I just too weak, heehee). It feels heavy too. However, you need to shake it before you use it. There is a thin layer in the upper mist that is yellow, which I am not sure what is that, but I assume it is oil that comes from leaf and flower (according to the list of ingredients). So, you have to shake it in order to mix the oil with the water, then spray it directly onto your face. The spray goes light in one pump, so usually I spray it like 3 to 5 times.

Overall, I like this water spray - it is refreshing and it avoids my makeup from being cakey or too powdery. It comes in two sizes: 1 oz and 3.4 oz. The one ounce ones is good for traveling or put it in your purse because the 3.4 ounces ones are just too heavy for it.

Where to buy: Sephora, Caudalie, $18 for 1 oz, $48 for 3.4 oz. 


Do you usually set your makeup? What is your favorite makeup setting spray? Share with me in the comment below! You can also tweet me on Twitter or post on my wall on Facebook, if you have any request, questions, or just want to say hi or have a chit chat with me. I am really looking forward to knowing all of you! 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 


Love YOU always, 
Alexandra 

That is the "yellow line"  I was talking about...

...but it will go away after you shake it.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

No comments:

Post a Comment