Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quick Q: Depot Eyeshadows. YAY or NAY?



It is time for Quick Question! I have been considering this for a long time, but I am never able to figure out by myself, so I need your help beauties!

I love MAC eyeshadows so much (who doesn't?) and I did not know that they also came in a pan at first. So, each eyeshadow comes either in a pot or in a pan that you can put it in your MAC palette. So, I owned so many MAC eyeshadows in a pot, but somehow I want to depot it into a palette, so that it looks more organized and professional. However, the disadvantages of putting eyeshadows in a palette is you have to label each of them, and it tends to break easily if you are traveling a lot or you put something heavy on top of it. However, one MAC palette can fit 15 eyeshadows and that saves a ton of space on your makeup drawer! In addition, it is also $3.50 cheaper than the pot eyeshadows (the pan is $11.50, the pot is $15). Twelve bucks for a MAC eyeshadow? Yes please. The MAC palette is $16 by the way.

Now move on to the pot eyeshadows. The pot eyeshadows are easier to carry around with you because you can just pick one or two colors to be put into your makeup bag, or to travel with you. It is a nice little size of pot eyeshadows that won't take too much space on your makeup bag. However, it does take a lot of space in your makeup drawer, especially if you have a lot of it. Also, it is more expensive too.

I am not gonna lie I always get so jealous when I saw someone has their all MAC eyeshadows in a palette. It looks so neat and organized, and as a perfectionist girl, I want that! Maybe you think "go ahead depot your eyeshadows Alexandra!" Well, it ain't easy to decide, Loves. I have been thinking either to depot for a few years and I have not done any of them. The reason why is I am afraid that I am going to regret depoting all the eyeshadows. Because once you take them out from the pot, you won't be able to put it back in a pot.

If you are curious on how to depot an eyeshadow, you can YouTube it. A lot of girls are using flat irons to do it. Also, I can get a free MAC lipstick for every five MAC containers including the eyeshadow's pot (Back to MAC program).

And one last thing about putting all your eyeshadows in a palette. Lets say you were creating a palette that was filled with neutral eyeshadow colors, what about if you purchased one neutral color but does not have space anymore in the palette? You might have to get a new palette, and start the neutral collection again. However, if you don't like to categorize eyeshadows in the same color range, then you can just put whatever eyeshadows' colors in the palette.

So, in a conclusion: Do you like to buy your eyeshadows in the individual pots or in the pans? Should I depot my eyeshadow pots to a pan or stay with what it is? (FYI, not only MAC does have eyeshadows in the pots or pans, but Make Up For Ever, Stila, Urban Decay and other brands also sell their versions too!)

I am really sorry this happens to be a long post, I just wanted to ask you a quick question, but I also wanted to mention the pros and the cons because I have been in this dilemma for a few years now! So please help a sister out :)


You can comment below, or contact me through: 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 


Thank you so much for your help!!!

LOVE YOU ALL, 
Alexandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment