Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Trend: Spider Lashes



Spider lashes is one of the biggest trends for the spring. It was big in the last Fall, but it comes back again for the Spring. However, some people have a love/hate relationship with this trend. Spider lashes are all about clumpy mascara, and that usually what we always want to avoid. To be honest with you guys, I am loving this trend.

The reason why I love spidery lashes is because it really makes your eyes pop and really stand out. People will look into your eyes more and they might think how creative you are :) Also, spider lashes requires a lot of coats of mascara, so it makes your lashes separated, defined, and incredibly long! I saw a lot of models having spider lashes with bare eyes, which means no eyeshadows or just a really neutral color shadow. They also keep their face makeup simple - a flawless skin with a pinch of blush and a bold/nude lip. I think that works best if you want people really focus on your spider lashes. However, I don't like to limit myself, so I create whatever eye looks (smokey, neutral, colorful) pairing with these spidery lashes, and it still makes my eyes pop! I also saw a model with bare eyes and face, but she was using a blue mascara to create spider lashes. This honestly the coolest and most simple look I have ever seen!

I like to use Maybelline Falsies Lashes because it gives a long effect lashes and it does clump easily. You know how we usually get rid of the excess of mascara prior to application? This trend does not require that because the clumpier the better.

I like to apply 3 to 5 coats of mascara, and then I use the tip of the wand to separate the lashes (so that basically you can count how many lashes you have). You can let each coat dry completely in between, but I don't have time to wait for it to dry, so I just keep applying coats of mascara, and it still works well.

So what do you think of this trend? Love it or leave it? Leave in the comment below and please follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook, so that we'll stay connected and you know when new posts are up! 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby

Love Love, 
Alexandra 






No comments:

Post a Comment