Saturday, March 24, 2012

Best Dupe for Lancome Artliner! (Lancome Artliner vs. L'Oreal Lineur Intense)


Today's comparison is not only comparing two things, but it really can help you save money! For me, a liquid eyeliner is really a product that you need to practice in order to make a straight line on your upper lashline, but once you get used to it, you are a pro! In addition, a liquid eyeliner is a must have too, and I feel it is the quickest way to draw a straight line onto your upper lashes (once you've practiced :)). For gel liners, you need to use a brush and work it out. For pencil liners, you need to smudge it afterwards to achieve a smooth line. So, at the end, liquid liners always come in handy, just line your upper lashline with it, and you're done!

The easiest way to apply a liquid liner is the one with felt tip on it. It means it has a bigger but still really a pointy tip. I swear to you, felt tip makes it soooo much easier to apply liquid eyeliner. If you have seen my tutorials, you know what my favorite liquid liner is. And yes, it is the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eye Liner. 

Two weeks ago, I found Lancome Artliner has a felt tip on it too, and you know I am a big fan of felt tip liquid liner. So, I decided to try it out and to compare between Lancome and L'Oreal. Well, guess what...

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME! They both have the same quality, but a dramatic price difference.

Lancome Artliner has a longer and skinnier tip than L'Oreal Lineur Intense. This will help you apply liquid liner faster and thinner, but really no biggie. L'Oreal Lineur Intense's felt tip is a little bit shorter than Lancome ones, and it is not as pointy as Lancome as well. But again, I never have a problem with it - you can create a winged eyeliner, or a cat eye look with these two products, and with the same methods as well.

L'Oreal Lineur Intense comes in two shades: Carbon Black and Earthen Rock Brown, and it sells for around $8 to $9, it really depends on where you get it. You can buy it at Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreen, any drugstores! Whereas Lancome Artliner comes in six shades: Aubergine, Noir, Smoke, Navy, Brown, and Ice Black. It costs $29.50, and you can buy it at Sephora, or any Lancome counters at Nordstorm, Macy's, etc.

It is really a no brainer question, but $9 vs. $29.50, which one will you pick? They really have the same quality: they don't smudge throughout the day, they are long wearing and easy to remove with a eye makeup remover, and as you can see the swatches, can you tell the difference which one is more black than the other? I looked at the swatches for a long time to be able to tell the difference, and I found the Carbon Black from L'Oreal is actually darker than Noir from Lancome. It is really a very very slight color difference.

So I think that's what I want to say about these two products. I have been loving the L'Oreal Lineur Intense for over three years now, and I never changed to other liquid liners. There was a time L'Oreal kinda stopped producing it, and I was so sad! I never saw it on the counter anymore. But I think L'Oreal listened to its audience, and brought it back. So thank you so much L'Oreal (if you ever see this post, haha). Now every time I am running out of it, I can always get it at a drugstore!

What is your favorite liquid liner? Let me know because I love to try new products and who knows I can do a review post for it too! :) 


Have you ever experienced with these two products? Which one will you prefer? :) Leave in the comment below, and pleaseeee follow me on Twitter and Facebook! They are lonely! ;p 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/alexandraubymakeup 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alexandrauby 

Oh, my giveaway will last for ONE MORE DAY!!! Hurry up enter. It is FREE!!! Click here to win an amazing prize. ;) 
Love you all! 
Alexandra 



Lancome Artliner in Noir

Lancome Artliner in Noir 

L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black

l'oreal lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black

Up: L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black
Bottom: Lancome Artliner in Noir 

Left: Lancome Artliner in Noir
Right: L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black

Left: Lancome Artliner in Noir
Right: L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black

Left: L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black
Right: Lancome Artliner in Noir 


3 comments:

  1. The colors look very intense :O I like Lancome cosmetics very much, I think I should try this next time I`m purchasing liner..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very intense and black! :) I think you really should try! Let me know how do you like it! :)

      Delete
  2. Does it work well doing the watermark?

    ReplyDelete