Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: COVERGIRL Blast FlipStick in Snap (Photos & Swatches)



If you had seen my CVS haul post, you knew that I purchased the COVERGIRL Blast FlipStick in Snap (click here to read my CVS haul post). Also, I also have reviewed two of the shades that COVERGIRL came with, which were Whisper and Stunner (click here to read). To be honest with you, I ended up returning both of them. The reason is simple: I don't like the shades, they are not suitable for my complexion.

However, I really like the idea of this two-sided lipstick, I love the texture of it and I love the finish it gives. So, I really hoped that I could find a perfect shade, that would look good on me. You know you cannot swatch beauty products at the drugstore, ugh so annoying.. So I ended up picking a shade in a pretty random manner. But, it makes me happy. I finally found my favorite shade! 

The one that I picked was in the color Snap - one end is a soft peach with a slight sheen finish, and the other end is a soft brown with metallic finish. I was not sure about it before because as you know that my lip is so pigmented and that causes many shades won't appear as good as in the tube. Also, Snap includes soft colors, so I was afraid it would not show up on my lip. 

Well, I was wrong... I applied "don't judge by its cover" quote. 

The color is so pigmented that I only need one to two strokes applied onto my pout. The colors are also so pretty to be worn alone, but prettier when they were worn together. The soft peach is more pigmented than the soft brown, and I think the reason why is because it has metallic finish, and metallic finish is sometimes harder to show up more than other lipstick finishes. Therefore, COVERGIRL includes a metallic finish lipstick to add more shine onto your lips. 

The texture itself is very creamy, and the color intensity is definitely build-able. The only downside of this is probably it has that strong lipstick smell (if you know what I mean). But if you do not mind or you have got used to a lipstick smell, then it won't bother you :) 

Overall, I love this color and I would repurchase in the future. If you are looking for a neutral shade from this line, in my opinion, this is the most neutral one you can get. I did a full review of this COVERGIRL Blast FlipStick before, so please check it out here. I did not write a full review like I did on that post just because I do not wanna sound to be so repetitive. This post is just to keep you updated :) 

Where to buy: any drugstores, prices may vary. I got mine at CVS for $7.99 for 0.13oz.

Hope you find this useful. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! 

Have you entered my giveaway yet? It will end this month, so hurry up enter. It is free! Click here to win cool prize! 

Have you tried one of the COVERGIRL Blast FlipStick yet? If so, which one is your favorite color? If you haven't, will you purchase it in the future? What do you think of this whole idea of duo lipstick? 


Tweet me? Click here.
Friend me on Facebook? Click here

Much LOVE, 
Alexandra 

COVERGIRL Blast FlipStick in Snap 

One end: soft peach with a slight sheen and a satin finish


One end: soft brown with a metallic finish
Soft brown one - Soft peach one
When it is worn together: peach at the bottom, and brown on top 

No comments:

Post a Comment