Thursday, March 8, 2012

Foundation Brushes for Flawless Finish, GUARANTEED!



Hi lovelies! Have you ever wondered how my skin looks so flawless in the pictures? Well, it is all about the application baby! When I said my skin looks flawless, it means when I have foundation and all that good stuff on. My skin is far away from perfect when I have no make-up on. So, today I am going to spill out my secrets on the tools I always use to apply my foundation.

I believe in investing in good brushes because your makeup somehow also depends on them. You need to use the right tools for the right products. For example, when you want to apply powder highlighter, it is best to use a small headed fluffy brush rather that a dense synthetic brush because you do not want to have a chalky shimmer on your cheekbones, that will make it look fake ;) However, when it comes to foundation, the more dense the brush is, the better the application is. I have used these three Sigma brushes for maybe two years now, and I never change.

You know that I love Sigma brushes more than every brushes brand in the whole wide world, I have done so many posts on them. So, when they first came out with Synthetic Kabuki Kit, I researched and heard a lot of good reviews about it. Plus, I did not have this kind of brushes before, so I decided to buy it. Now, the kit comes with four synthetic brushes: F80, F82, F84, and F86. When I purchased it two years ago, the kit only came with F80, F82, and F84, so I do not own F86 until this day. That does not matter to me because these three brushes can apply your foundation amazingly!

  • F80 (Flat Kabuki) - has a top flat that is ideal for liquid and cream foundation and it will give you an even all over application, especially on your forehead, cheek and temples. 
  • F82 (Round Kabuki) - has a round top and is also ideal for liquid and cream foundation. This is perfect for applying foundation onto around the eyes, nose, chin and jawline. I use this brush to apply foundation all over my face, and it still gives me a flawless finish. 
  • F84 (Angled Kabuki) - is an angled dense brush that makes applying cream blushes and contouring so easy and flawless! I like to use this to apply cream bronzer formula to contour my cheeks, temples and jawline (click here to read how to contour). However, this brush can also apply your foundation all over your face and even it out. 
I seriously use these brushes for every face makeup products that is either liquid or cream formula. I am really pleased with the results. What I like to do with the application is buffing the foundation onto the skin, like tap, tap, tap... Sometimes blending is not required because the bristles are so dense and once you buff it onto the skin, it'll give you an even application with a high definition effect and flawless finish. 

The bristles are so soft and it won't scratch your skin. However, because they are synthetic, it dries for quite a while after washing. I like to wash them right after I apply my makeup on (if I have time! ;p), and it will dry by the next day. 

Overall, I love these brushes so much! I used to use a regular flat foundation brush like F60, but it does require blending because otherwise your foundation won't have an even application. Out of these three brushes, I like F80 the most. I seriously have three of it because the other two broke (that's why you see in the pictures my F80 looks the most different out of three,lol). First one was because the hair shed like crazy (I did not wash it carefully and the water came into the barrel), and the second one was because the handle fell off from the barrel, haha. I guarantee you will be so surprised after one application because it really will give you an even, flawless finish. 

Where to buy: Sigma website, $56 for the kit, but you can buy the brush separately for $16 each. 

What is your favorite brush to apply foundation? Let me know in the comment below! And please follow me on Twitter, and be my friend on Facebook! :) Looking forward to talking to you all! :) 

Love YOU!
Alexandra 




F80

F80

F84

F84

F82

F82

No comments:

Post a Comment