Wednesday, March 7, 2012

theBalm Nude Tude Palette Review, Photos, and Swatches



I have been eying for this palette for a long time. I have so many neutral/nude eyeshadow palette, so I did not know whether to spend another $36 for this palette. Same experience with theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (click here to read), I was at Beauty Brands and saw this palette. Without further thinking, I grabbed the palette and went to checkout. I also purchased another eye palette from theBalm called Meet Matt(e), which I will do a review soon. theBalm is seriously my new obsession!

So, theBalm Nude Tude Palette consists of 12 gorgeous eyeshadows with a dual-ended eyeshadow/liner brush. This palette comes with two kinds: Feeling Naughty and Feeling Nice. Both of them consist the same shadows, but Feeling Naughty features nude women but "those parts" are covered with eyeshadows, whereas Feeling Nice has no nude women at all. Pretty interesting, huh? Next lets talk about each eyeshadow in a detail:

  • Sassy is a frosted white and the color payoff is good. This is going to be a perfect color for inner tear duct and under brow bone. 
  • Stubborn is a soft frosted peach and I can see this is a perfect soft look for the spring, and a very pretty lid color. 
  • Selfish is a medium shimmery taupe, more to brown rather than grey. 
  • Sophisticated is a dark brown with just a slight shimmer. Selfish has more shimmer and more greyish. 
  • Sexy is a red burgundy with a matte finish. I think this one has the best color payoff. 
  • Serious is a medium black with a matte finish as well. 
  • Snobby is a yellow gold shimmer with a frosted finish. I love how they include a gold shadow in this palette. You all know I am obsessed with gold eyeshadows :) 
  • Stand-offish is a shimmery pink champagne, it reminds me of MAC Eyeshadow in All That Glitters. 
  • Sultry is a matte medium brown and it is really similar to MAC Cork. I always use MAC Cork as a crease color, so I am so pleased that this palette include a brown color with a matte finish.
  • Schitzo is kinda like Sultry, but has a slight shimmer on it and with a satin finish. It is a medium bronze color with shimmery gold. Really pretty, but the color payoff is decent. 
  • Silly is a medium-dark brown with gold flecks and a hint of red. The color payoff is not as good as the others because I needed a few strokes to get a good swatch. The texture is very soft and kinda sheer, that's why it needs more than one layer. 
  • Sleek is a matte black but not the blackest black. It has grey and dark brown tinted if you look at closely. 
This is a very good quality eye palette, all the colors are pigmented except for the Silly and Schitzo. These two do not have a good color payoff, it seems like they are the products that are not meant for standing on its own. You need to layer it until you satisfy with the pigments. Other than that, all the ten colors are great and pigmented. The texture of all of the eyeshadows are really soft and buttery smooth. 

You know what this palette reminds me of? Urban Decay Naked Palette. Since Urban Decay came with the Naked palette, so many cosmetic companies came with the same idea of neutral/nude palette. I never fall into them because I just love my Naked palette so much, and I felt nothing can compare with it, but honestly, theBalm is the only nude palette that I could consider to become part of my collection with the Naked palette. However, the comparison of the colors of the palettes are not the same. theBalm has more color variations and matte finished shadows. 

The Nude Tude Palette is packaged with cardboard and it is really lightweight. Inside, there is a full-length mirror and the palette has a magnet to strongly close the palette. 

Overall, this is one of the palettes that you can invest. It is neutral, but has wearable colors to yield many looks. You can create so many different kinds of look range from neutral to smoky looks. Especially this palette has great dark shadows which I think I'll be using this palette a lot for smoky looks. Tutorial coming soon! :) 

Where to buy: theBalm.com, BeautyBrands.com, Beauty Brands stores, $36 for 0.382oz.

What do you guys think of this palette? Which one do you personally prefer? Naked or Nude Tude? I honestly cannot decide! Please leave in the comment below. You can also tweet me or post on my Facebook wall. I am really looking forward to talking to you all! 

Ohhhh I forgot to mention that NYX Nude on Nude has also kinda the same idea with this, and the best thing is, I give it away for free!! Click here to see the giveaway :) 



LOVE LOVE, 
Alexandra 







Left to Right: Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious 

Snobby, Stand-offish, Sultry, Schitzo, Silly, Sleek

No comments:

Post a Comment