Monday, February 6, 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner: Grey




Along with the 24 Hour Infallible Eyeshadows, L'Oreal also launched its new eyeliner called Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner. It comes with three shades: black, grey and brown. The formula of its intensity is inspired by dark kajal formula. If you do not know what kajal is, it is basically an ingredient that is extremely rich and intense and will deliver a beautiful definition.

Kajal eyeliner is my favorite eyeliner formula, my all time favorite is from Stila. So, when I found out that L'Oreal created a Kajal eyeliner, I was hoping I could possibly replace Stila with this because the Stila one is quite expensive. 

Eyeliner is also one of my make-up essentials, I have all different kinds of colored eyeliners. However, I do not have a grey eyeliner. It is very odd for eyeliner lovers like me. So, I decided to purchase the grey as a starter, and see how well it would work. 

Honestly, the formula was not that I expected. I thought it would be as creamy as the Stila one. However, it is creamy enough to glide on smoothly. It works better if you apply it onto your upper lashline and lower lashline, and you really can see the intensity of the color. It also works on the waterline, but the color won't be as bold. In my opinion, the grey is basically looks like a soft black, but you still can see a blue hint from it. 




Here I compared with a black eye liner from MAC in Smolder
The liner is very pointy and sharp, which is nice and makes it easy to apply, but please be careful when you apply it because it'll be painful if you poke your eye balls! :) The best thing is it comes with a sharpener! Oh thank God! A lot of cosmetic companies sell the sharpener separately when they sell 'unique' eyeliners' size. So, I love this because I feel my money was worth spent - I got the eyeliner and the sharpener! 

I got mine at CVS for $7.99 for 0.87oz (24g), you can get this at any local drugstores you have. 



Overall, I like the quality of it and pretty satisfied with it. I might get other colors, too! 

So, do you think you'll purchase this? Let me know in the comment below! Don't forget to like my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter. That way you can contact me or send requests! :) 

lOve, 
Alexandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment