Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review: Shop MAC Cremeblend Blush



Hey lovelies! This is going to be the last review of the Shop MAC collection! I told you this collection's review is going to end soon, LOL. However, I am going to post a tutorial using the Call Me Bubbles eyeshadow quad next (go to my Facebook page to see the preview of the look, or click here to read the review about the quad).

MAC Cremeblend Blush is a cream blush and described as creamy, easy to blend medium coverage formula imparts a natural finish that's smooth, dewy-fresh, long lasting. I have been loving MAC Cremeblush for a long time because the texture is really smooth, and really easy to blend. So if you accidentally put too much product on your cheeks, you can always blend it until the color fades away.

So, MAC Shop MAC collection comes with three shades of cremeblend blush: Florida (bright fuchsia), Restores Dazzle (rich plum), and Optimistic Orange (bright coral). Florida was repromoted from MAC Lillyland collection, which I purchased before. Therefore, this time I only purchased Restores Dazzle. The reason why I pass the Optimistic Orange is because I just do not have any idea how will an orange blush look on me. I purchased Benefit Cha Cha Tint, which is a orange tint color, and I am still scared of using it, LOL. So, let me tell you the details of the blush colors:

  • Florida is a bright fuchsia pink with blue undertones. This color might scare you because it is really intense and bright. However, it is so pretty in the result. My tip: dab a dot of Florida onto the apple of your cheeks with your fingertip, then blend it with a blush brush or use your fingertip as well. From there you can tell if you need to add more products or not. 
  • Restores Dazzle is a deep raspberry color with natural sheen. COVERGIRL Simply Ageless & Olay Sculpting Blush in Royal Plum is similar, but darker. This is a perfect shade to achieve a natural and subtle berry hue on your cheeks. The color is so pigmented, so you can also create an intense and dramatic blush color. My tip: similar as in Florida. :) 
The texture of cremeblend blush is really soft and creamy, yet slick. So the consistency is not thick like a regular cream blush. My favorite way to apply a cremeblend blush is to use a stippling brush (MAC  187 or MAC 188, or Sonia Kashuk Small Duo Fiber Multipurpose Brush), then dab it onto my apple cheeks, then blend it out. If I want the color to be more intense, I either would add more products, or I would apply a similar powder blush on top of it. Oh, most importantly, apply cremeblend blush (or any cream blushes) after your foundation, before your powder. So, the order is going to be (1) foundation/concealer, (2) cremeblend blush, (3) powder, (4) powder blush (if necessary). 

Overall, I like this product because it is very lightweight feel, and gives me a natural sheen finish. Also, its slicky-ness really goes along your cheeks easily and blends effortlessly. 

Where to buy: MAC website, MAC stores, MAC counters, $20 for 0.19oz. 

Let me know in the comment below about your thoughts of this product! Yay or Nay?? 
And don't forget to enter my giveaway here! Cool prize is waiting for you :)

Much Love, 
Alexandra 

Restores Dazzle

Restores Dazzle

Restores Dazzle

Florida

Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment