Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Is organic mascara good for you? feat. Physician Formula Organic Wear Mascara



Physician Formula just came out with its new line of mascara that contains 100 percent natural ingredients, which is called Organic Wear 100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara. This mascara will do everything for your lashes - enhancing, volumizing, lengthening, and even extending your natural lashes in 4 weeks! So, who doesn't want it? 

Little before this, I loved the Organic Wear 100% Natural Jumbo Lash Boosting Mascara, and I have run out for three tubes of it. I loved it because it really volumizes my lashes, so they look full and long. However, this mascara tends to fall out during the day. So I would see black fall outs on my cheeks. That's not attractive at all. So, I purchased the new line of Physician Formula organic wear mascara because all of the benefits it would give, it is organic and hopefully it does not fall out like the jumbo one.

In my experience, the Organic Wear 100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara really does what it says, but not as good as the jumbo one. It does more lengthening rather than giving a full of volume on my lashes. I feel like the volumizing formula exists, but not as obvious as the jumbo one, so I'd say it is decent. I personally like this mascara if my eyes are not sensitive to it. During the day, my eyes would be itchy, and at first I thought it wasn't because of the mascara, I thought it was my contact lens or something. But, the next few days my eye lids became so dry and flaky, especially on my outer corner. Not only that, I had a few red bumps (like rashes) on my lids. So, of course I was panic! 

I really did not think it was because of the mascara, but that was the only new thing on my eye make-up or routine. So I discontinued using it, and my eyes are not itchy anymore, and the rashes had gone right after the next day I stop using it. 

Overall, I would love this mascara if I am not allergic to it, too bad :( I like it because it has a big brush that will separate my lashes to lengthen them, and give them more volume. It says 44 percent of the total ingredients are from organic farming, I do not know what it is, but I might be allergic to one or some of them. So, I would say if you want to try this mascara out, sure you can, because this experience might only apply to me because every person's eyes are different. 

Where to buy: any drugstores (CVS, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc), prices may vary, but I got mine for $9.99 (.26oz).

Have you ever tried this mascara yet? If you have, what was your experience? If you haven't, what do you think of this mascara in general? Will you try it out?? Leave in the comment below! :) 

If you have any requests, don't hesitate to tweet me (click here for my Twitter) or post on my wall (click here for my Facebook)! :) And have you entered my giveaway yet? Click here if you want to win a cool prize! :)

Love YOU, 
Alexandra 





No comments:

Post a Comment