Monday, February 6, 2012

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio for Brown Eyes (Review, Photo, Swatches)



Another review for an eyeliner! (Click here for L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner). It is an eyeliner trio from Physicians Formula and it is supposed to enhance your natural eye colors. Therefore, this line comes into four shades: brown eyes, blue eyes, hazel eyes and green eyes

It is described as highly pigmented and versatile eyeliners for eye enhancing definition and inner eye rim intensity. Each eyeliner has kohl formula that makes it waterproof and pigmented. Also, it says that it is hypoallergenic, dermatology approved, fragrance free, paraben free, gluten free and save for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. 

Since I have dark brown eyes, I picked up the one for brown eyes. I like the color trio combination it gave me, it includes Espresso (dark brown), Purple, and Black. Every shade comes with different colors, but it includes a black liner in each set. For Green Eyes, it comes with green, purple and black liners; Blue Eyes comes with blue, brown and black liners; Hazel comes with hazel, purple and black liners. Even though you do not have blue eyes, it does not mean you cannot get the blue eyes' shade. 

Like I mentioned in the latest post, I am a sucker for eyeliners, especially the word 'kajal.' Kajal eyeliners have been my favorite because the color is so deep, intense and long-wearing. However, this one was far from my expectation and the box does not mention anything about 'the kajal.' Anyway, the eyeliners are creamy enough and easy to blend either with a brush or with your fingertip, but the color is not as pigmented or intense as I expected. They are just a pretty decent liner. 

Also, the brown liner seems pretty matte, I do not notice any shimmer on it, whereas the black and purple liner have a slight shimmer, but barely noticeable. The downside of this product is it cannot be sharpened and it is prone to breaking off because it is very soft. Since you cannot sharpen it out, eventually the tip will wear off and you will end up with a thicker liner. In addition to its downside, this eyeliner won't glide on my waterline, especially the purple and brown one. The black liner kinda works, but I can't get any intense color on my waterline (my eyes were not teary or wet either). 

Overall, I was very disappointed of this product. It is not pigmented, or long-wearing either. I got it at CVS for $10.99. If you are interested, you can get it at any local drugstores you have. 

Will you be interested in trying this out? Hope you find this review helpful for you! 

lOve,
Alexandra 



















No comments:

Post a Comment