Sunday, February 5, 2012

Review: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35



In my latest post, I explained to you what BB Cream was. I mentioned that I had tried Asian versions of BB Creams and I was pretty satisfied with them. Then, one of my favorite brands, Smashbox, came out with its own version of BB Cream, of course I have to try it! It calls Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35.

It says it is a camera ready BB Cream means your skin will look flawless whether on camera or not. It also emphasizes in five tasks: hydrates, primes, perfects, controls oil and protects your skin. The formula contains emollients and optical pearl pigments, which will make your skin glowing and also maintain moisturize on the surface of your skin. This BB Cream is also ideal for oily skin because it has UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day. In addition, it gives your skin as smooth as canvas and has a matte finish. This BB Cream is dermatologist tested, fragrance free and non-acnegenic, which is a plus plus! 



It comes with four shades: fair, light, medium and dark. I purchased the light one and it perfects for my skin. If you have light skin with yellow undertones, then you are also in light. If you are fair with pink undertones, then you are in fair. What I learned from the BB Cream is it does not have a full coverage, but you can build up the coverage - means the more you apply, the more coverage you get. So what I did was I used it under my foundation. It made my make-up last a very long time and I love the finish it gave. The downside of the product is it makes my skin breakout. I was hoping I could continue using it as my foundation primer, but I can't consider any product that can make my skin breakout, so I had to return it :( 

I bought this at Sephora website for $39 for 1 oz (see my Sephora haul Vol. 1 and Vol. 2). You can also purchase this at your local Sephora stores or Smashbox counters with the same price. It comes in a sleek black tube with a twist up lid, which is good to prevent bacteria to grow. 

Overall, Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream has a decent coverage, good quality product, and it is more like tinted moisturizer. So, if you already have a perfect skin with a few of imperfections, this product is suitable for you. Otherwise, you have to use it as a foundation primer, or just use concealer to hide any blemishes, dark circles or scars. Even though it makes me breakout, it does not mean it will make you breakout too because our skin type is different, so it reacts differently. If you are interested in BB Cream, you should give this baby a shot! :) 

What do you think of this BB Cream? Will you be interested in trying it out? Hope you find this helpful! 

Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own money. All opinions are on my own. 


loVe, 
Alexandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment