Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review: MAC Kissable Lipcolour



Hi loves!! I hope you do not mind having another review post. MAC Shop MAC, Cook MAC and Vera collection are just too huge, and I really want to review all things that I got, so that hopefully these reviews can help you to decide what to purchase and what not. I promise these reviews are going to end soon! ;) But I am curious, do you like to read review posts? What is your favorite kind of post? Please let me know in the comment below! :)

So today's review is MAC Kissable Lipcolours from the MAC Shop MAC collection. These lipcolours are repromoted from the Peacocky collection, they just have a slight different in the packaging. This collection comes with five limited edition shades: Enchantee (light blue pink), Woo Me (light pinky nude), So Vain (muted dirty coral), Flaunting It (grey mauve), Scan-delicious (blue fuchsia). This time I only purchased Flaunting It because I have owned Woo Me, So Vain, and Enchantee that I purchased in the Peacocky collection.

  • Enchantee is a pale pink with blue undertone. The color is pretty opaque, and it has a good color payoff in two strokes, but can look a little bit streaky. My favorite application for this is to apply it on top of a nude lipstick. It will give you a flattering nude lip look.
  • Woo Me is a warm nude beige with pink undertone. This is literally my favorite one because the color is really opaque and has a good color payoff in just one stroke. It is a perfect nude lipstick but in a cream formula. I usually like to wear it alone because the color is so pigmented (and I have a super pigmented lip, and Woo Me can cooperate best with my natural lip color :p). 
  • So Vain is a soft coral with orange undertone. From the packaging, it really looks like it is a bright orange lipcolor, but actually it is a pretty soft color. Again, this color is pretty opaque, has a good color payoff in two strokes, and can be a little bit streaky as well.
  • Flaunting It is a deep plummy purple with a slight pink undertone. This one is really unique because it might scare you when you see it from the packaging. You might think that it is a deep purple color, but actually it is not. The color is intense, but still looks natural on your lips because of its purple pink shade. This one is perfect for those who would like to try a deep lipstick color, but still in doubt to try it out (just like me! haha). 

The idea of the Kissable Lipcolours is to give you a feeling like when you are applying lipstick, but a finish of a lipgloss, or we can call them "liquid lipsticks." The texture is very creamy and pigmented. It is very lightweight and supposed to be a long-wearing lipstick. But I honestly cannot wear lipstick/lipgloss more than one hour because I constantly eat and drink, haha. 

These lipcolours are scented, and its packaging comes in a long, skinny tube with a doe-foot applicator (just like a lipgloss applicator). Woo Me and Flaunting It glide on really smoothly, but like Enchantee and So Vain can look kinda streaky. Overall, I like the idea and the formula of it, it feels nice and lightweight on your pout, but the coverage can be streaky as well, just be careful when you apply it. It gives you a shine like a lipgloss does. However, the shine will disappear pretty quickly (just like a lipgloss). 

Where to buy: MAC Website, MAC Counter, MAC Stores, $19 for 0.17oz.

Are you guys loving it or leaving it? Let me know in the comment below! Oh! Have you entered my giveaway yet? If you haven't, you'd better enter soon! Click here to enter. 

Much Love, 
Alexandra 


left to right: Woo Me, Enchantee, So Vain, Flaunting It 

So Vain

Flaunting It 

Enchantee

Woo Me 

Up to bottom: Woo Me, Enchantee, So Vain, Flaunting It 

No comments:

Post a Comment