Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review: Maybelline SuperStay 14Hr Lipstick (photos and swatches)



I really wasn't planning to purchase this Maybelline 14Hr Super Stay Lipstick at all, or even doing a review for it. But, I was at Target the other day with a good friend of mine, and she is a fan of lipsticks (and I am not), so of course we both have to stop by at Maybelline's stand to check out their new lipstick line.

There is this one color that really caught my eye, it is called Perpetual Peony and it is a muted purple pink with a satin finish. Some colors have metallic sheen, but this one has an opaque color and better color payoff. So, I was standing there for almost 10 minutes to decide whether to purchase one or not, well I guess now you know what my decision was! :)

So, Maybelline SuperStay 14Hr Lipstick comes out in so many shades. There are 20 different shades! From pink to nude, and coral to red. Basically these lipsticks are supposed to have a long wearing formula, and the colors are pigmented and rich that last for 14 hours.

The reason why I am not a fan of lipstick is because there is no lipstick that can hold in my pout for at least an hour without moving, so I have to keep reapplying it which I don't mind. I eat and drink constantly, and that of course makes my lipstick disappears quickly. Therefore, I really cannot tell you whether it really 14 hour stays or not, so so so sorry. However, when I was wearing this lipstick, it did stay for a while, but then I ate and drank something, so it started to fade away. I honestly do not blame it because seriously there is no lipstick that won't fade when you are constantly eat or drink (at least for me).

I love the texture of this lipstick, it is soft, creamy and so easy to apply. I always apply lip balm first before I put this on, so that the lipstick won't look chalky or not smooth. This lipstick does have a smell, just like a typical lipstick smell if you know what I mean. So if you are sensitive to fragrance or hate weird smells, then you might wanna skip this :)

Because I have a super pigmented lip, this color will look more purple when it blends to my actual lip color. Not flattering. So if you have the same pigmented lips like mine, I suggest you to neutralize it first by applying concealer or a nude lipstick. Then, apply this Perpetual Peony, and you'll have a pretty soft pink lip.

Overall, I like the texture and the pigmentation. It is really smooth and creamy, the color payoff is good just in one stroke.

Where to buy: any local drugstores. Prices may vary, I got mine for $7.29 at Target.

So do you think are you gonna love it? or leave it? Let me know! You can comment below, tweet me or post on my Facebook wall! :)

Love Love, 
Alexandra 





No comments:

Post a Comment