Saturday, February 18, 2012

MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder Review (with photos and swatches)


If you have seen my last haul posts, you know that I just got quite a few of things from the new MAC collection Shop MAC, Cook MAC, and Vera. Today I want to share with you on one of the products from Cook MAC collection, and that is the MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder.

MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder comes in two shades: medium and dark. As the name says, it is supposed to provide you a soft and smooth finish after first application. The texture is extremely soft like cream-like powder and hence easy to blend.

I thought I would not get any of this because it is just a 'pressed powder.' I swatched the medium shade, and I felt it was too light on my skin. However, I fell in love at the first sight when I saw the dark shade. It has no shimmer, have a satin finish, and a perfect caramel tan color. The MAC guy in the counter said it also looks really good on photographs (see down below for more pictures).

So, I tried it on today, and the color really gives my pale skin a natural healthy glow. I use it to contour my cheeks up to my temples, down to my jawline, and neck. I really love the finish look - it does give me a soft satin finish, and seems like I have a very smooth skin.

If you are crazy about bronzer or contouring, I recommend you to get this one, but honestly there is a ton of bronzers that look like this (Smashbox Bronze Light has the closest texture and formula with this). If you have a darker skin tone, this pressed powder will give your face a fresh-looking and smooth skin all over. Get it now while it still lasts beauties! It is a limited edition product.

Price: $23

What's your favorite bronzer? Do you like to contour your face? Let me know in the comment below! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and become my friend on Facebook for more updates. 

I love you all, 
Alexandra 

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment